"I have been worrying that we all live our lives in the confines of fear."
What if my father had told me as a young girl that I was beautiful? Who would I be if my mother held me without fear or restraint? Who would she be if her mom had touched her face gently and told her she could be anything? These pathways that have carved their ways into our brains and stubbornly they refuse to relent of fear. I listen to this song and I want to dance wildly around the room and fight for the freedom from the thoughts that press down and keep small. I want to desire MORE! I want more than the daily grind, my insecurities, the finite of my faith and the obsession with fading beauty. Apathy has become America's coping mechanism to avoid all things scary and worthy! The little girl I once was use to be so on fire for life and what it might unfold into. I was broken, like most of us. My parents became human and disappointed me like inevitably they would. I realized that nothing in and of this world would be "enough", which was a reality I was never going to be prepared for. The rubber met the road and my hope in Jesus had to be the "all" i was needing.
I have been worrying that I am living in the confines of fear.
I'm afraid of failure, I'm afraid of loneliness, I'm afraid of vulnerability and I'm afraid of my desires.
I'm terrified of not breaking out of my fear and being who I was created to be apart from the sin of man and my own weakness. This may not necessarily look extreme on the outside, but within I want the storm to leave nothing untouched. I pray that it manifests into my world and others notice a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment