I'm currently walking through a separation between one of my friends and her husband and it has been a not so subtle reminder of my own dissolution of marriage. The grace of God is the gift of time that allows for those wounds to heal and fade, but lately the memory has felt more than close. I remember laying on my bed soaked in sweat and tears, surrounded by my closest friends and Melly wrapped herself around my fetal positioned body whispering over and over in my ear....this will not be your story. I didn't believe her at the time, because the pain was so palpable, but she was right. God is faithful to redeem and restore and even bless. I am so thankful to Jesus and those that loved me in His name, for baring the burden with me; during a time that felts so hopeless. I want to give this same gift back to as many as I can. So, how can I pray for you? What can I believe for you when you can't believe? What truth about yourself have you forgotten that you need someone to call you daily and remind you of? It would be my honor to love as I have been loved. After all we are the body of Christ and when one member of the body is weak is it not the job of the rest of the body to pick up the load until full healing is reached. If you are one of those who is in a season of summer then I implore you to be available, be sacrificial and in humility love as you have been loved. I'm adding to my prayer from my last post....I not only pray that I will love the Lord with all of my heart and all of my life, but that I will also love others in His name. How funny that 31 years of life and it took me that long to start understanding the greatest commandment. Every day I am in awe of the simplicity and equally the complexity of my God......oh how I love Him!
Monday, August 13, 2012
I have felt so loved by the Lord lately. I know that feelings are not necessarily indicators of truth and as with any relationship there are highs and lows, but I am basking in this season of warmth. Many of my friends and family are struggling through some pretty dark times and I am just so grateful that I can be available to them and not stuck within my own sorrow. One of my favorite quotes sings, "I know that I am filled to be emptied again, the seed I received I will sow", and I feel as though the Lord is giving me a season of peace to sow His love and light into others. What a blessing. There has been a long winter in my life and I feel the ice beginning to thaw. I love my new job, I have found peace in my singleness, and I'm excited for what the future holds.
I'm currently walking through a separation between one of my friends and her husband and it has been a not so subtle reminder of my own dissolution of marriage. The grace of God is the gift of time that allows for those wounds to heal and fade, but lately the memory has felt more than close. I remember laying on my bed soaked in sweat and tears, surrounded by my closest friends and Melly wrapped herself around my fetal positioned body whispering over and over in my ear....this will not be your story. I didn't believe her at the time, because the pain was so palpable, but she was right. God is faithful to redeem and restore and even bless. I am so thankful to Jesus and those that loved me in His name, for baring the burden with me; during a time that felts so hopeless. I want to give this same gift back to as many as I can. So, how can I pray for you? What can I believe for you when you can't believe? What truth about yourself have you forgotten that you need someone to call you daily and remind you of? It would be my honor to love as I have been loved. After all we are the body of Christ and when one member of the body is weak is it not the job of the rest of the body to pick up the load until full healing is reached. If you are one of those who is in a season of summer then I implore you to be available, be sacrificial and in humility love as you have been loved. I'm adding to my prayer from my last post....I not only pray that I will love the Lord with all of my heart and all of my life, but that I will also love others in His name. How funny that 31 years of life and it took me that long to start understanding the greatest commandment. Every day I am in awe of the simplicity and equally the complexity of my God......oh how I love Him!
I'm currently walking through a separation between one of my friends and her husband and it has been a not so subtle reminder of my own dissolution of marriage. The grace of God is the gift of time that allows for those wounds to heal and fade, but lately the memory has felt more than close. I remember laying on my bed soaked in sweat and tears, surrounded by my closest friends and Melly wrapped herself around my fetal positioned body whispering over and over in my ear....this will not be your story. I didn't believe her at the time, because the pain was so palpable, but she was right. God is faithful to redeem and restore and even bless. I am so thankful to Jesus and those that loved me in His name, for baring the burden with me; during a time that felts so hopeless. I want to give this same gift back to as many as I can. So, how can I pray for you? What can I believe for you when you can't believe? What truth about yourself have you forgotten that you need someone to call you daily and remind you of? It would be my honor to love as I have been loved. After all we are the body of Christ and when one member of the body is weak is it not the job of the rest of the body to pick up the load until full healing is reached. If you are one of those who is in a season of summer then I implore you to be available, be sacrificial and in humility love as you have been loved. I'm adding to my prayer from my last post....I not only pray that I will love the Lord with all of my heart and all of my life, but that I will also love others in His name. How funny that 31 years of life and it took me that long to start understanding the greatest commandment. Every day I am in awe of the simplicity and equally the complexity of my God......oh how I love Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment