My mind has been saturated with this message today. I can't stop thinking about the reality of it's truth in my own life. Yesterday I had some friends call me out about a sin pattern in my life and I wanted so desperately to argue my character and reputation but I didnt have a leg to stand on. They love me and weren't being hard on me they were just being honest. It stung! I want to feel "good enough" and I turn to anything other than Jesus to find it. Each time I experience regret and shame and yet I fall again and again. I remember calling a friend once, while I was married, and she asked me if Jesus was enough for me and I answered no. I could not imagine, at the time, Him providing me strength to endure, worth, value and peace admist my circumstances. I still struggle trusting in His goodness and love for me. I have a hard time trusting anyone to love me. It's easy to love others. There are always people in need and looking for someone to care. It is much more difficult to trust someone to love you. Once you allow them a place.... what then? What happens if you grow to rely on them or you get comfortable and then it is taken away? I find myself even holding back with my creator. I don't want to need Him so much because it feels so vulnerable and terrifying.....my heart and my are reeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment