Sunday, June 24, 2018

Goodbye Sharlene, you are were truly an angel.

My heart is flooded with emotions thinking about you and who you were every day. I stood in the shower tonight with tears streaming down my face and I was trying to articulate what it was about you that made you so rare and special and all I could think about was the gospel. You remind me of the love and power of forgiveness that I experience every moment through Jesus Christ. I'm sitting here listening to this song over and over trying to imagine you finally home and all I can see is you dancing. You held on to the love of your Father like no one else I have ever known. Through the shit storm of life you clung to Him with true grit. I miss you right now because I want to hear you tell me about Him and then I realize you did so many times over and over again. When I had doubt or fear or just a rebellious heart you listened and you loved. I can't even begin to fathom the lives you have impacted with your empathy and generosity. I feel so far away from the girl that I was when I was with you. Life is overwhelming and distracting and I have forgotten the magic; the magic that exists in the redemption of the lost. Oh man those "Inner City" days. Fourteen kids pilled illegally into one small car for church. It seemed as though there was no hope or reward sometimes but you always showed up, for them and for me. I have never lost someone this close to me before and so all these feelings are new. I have regrets and things I wish I would have said  to you. I know that one day I will have the chance again, but I think when we are finally face to face all will be understood. I hope you knew how important and life saving your friendship was to me. I hope you knew that your life was an example that I want to model but fall so short from. I can't think of one time you weren't loving, loyal, faithful or kind. I aspire to be the friend and woman that you were. I will miss your coffee, and your house. I will miss you knowing my son. I know you prayed for me to have him and the joy of motherhood. Thank you for loving me, thank you for inspiring me. Thank you for your passion and your heart. Thank you for every conversation, prayer, hike, ride and meal. Your friendship might have been the most important of my life. You were in almost every memory I have for decades of my life. I love you Sharlene and I will look for you first when I finally make it home. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment