Sunday, April 14, 2013
Where is Christ among the body?????????
Im so discouraged by the "body of Christ" right now, it's hard to keep from weeping. I have been bombarded left and right with example after example of christians injuring, judging and rejecting to suit their pride and self-righteousness! I have watched "friends and family" abandoned ship the second that they disapprove or disagree with someone else's opinions or lifestyle. There is no unity of the body. Is it not our obligation to love those that have fallen away, that are doubting their faith, that are struggling with reconciling the pain in their life to God's love? Is this not how we are set apart from the unbeliever? We are called to love even our enemies; and even more so remain of service to those that have lost sight of truth admist their darkness. It seems the second someone isn't performing up to the expectations that have been set they are cast aside. Is not the gospel based upon the very wretchedness of ALL our souls. Pharisees, broad of vipers is what they are!!!!! Comfortable they remain in their cliques and unaware of the souls that they destroy. When Alan and I were struggling and falling apart most of our Christian "friends" were no where to be found, but now they seem to have no problem casting their judgements on our sin and failure. Be a believer that earns your voice in people's lives by the love you have given. I wonder where Alan would be if one, just one, of his brothers would have remained to love him despite his failures. I remember one of the most monumental moments of my faith was when I was in the thick of my divorce and I had told a close friend of mine that I was not sure if I believed anymore, and he said, "I believe for you". I was overwhelmed with the love that I felt and I knew then that despite myself God still held me in the palm of his hands. Stop living in fear and start loving rightly, FAITHFULLY and whole heartedly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment