Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Trials=God's blessings!

Is it raining, little flower? 
Be Glad of rain; 
too much sun would wither one; 
It will shine again. 
The clouds are very dark, it's true; 
But just behind them shines the blue.

Are you weary, tender heart? 
Be glad of pain:
In sorrow, sweetest virtues grow,
As flowers in rain. 
God watches, and you will have sun,
When clouds their perfect work have done.
-Lucy Larcom



What if the parable of five talents was a metaphor for pain and struggle? If we are dealing with a heavenly currency what would God use to make us more like Him and prepare our hearts for a world without sin? 
When I spend time with the Lord we hike and listen to Ben Howard. We don't have to chat much because He has created all things to mimic His character and I grow to know Him more deeply by just opening my eyes to what is around me. The struggle I go through to get to the top of that mountain get's easier the more I discipline myself to do it, and the more I do it the better I feel. Despite it's obvious benefits I struggle to commit and be consistent. It is the same with spending time in the word, and washing my mind of all the lies of this world and filling it with truth. I feel better after and I feel empowered to battle on and seek righteousness. You would think that this would keep me starving for more, and eager each day to dive into this weapon that the Lord has given me, but quite the contrary actually. I have many seasons in which I completely avoid. The faithfulness of God is the pain and the fire in which He bestows upon me to keep me close and hungry. In nature to much sun shine will wither the flower, and to much rain will wash it away, but the perfect combination of both produces fields of wildflowers and are we not more valuable to the Lord than the flower? He is the great "I am" and all things are Father filtered and in this we must trust. He knows exactly how much "talents" we need to prepare us for eternity. This world is but a breath and a vapor. I implore you today to find rest in His word from what you are battling and waring against. He will meet you with His peace and mercy. Do not be discouraged by the trials you face because He says...."For those whom the Lord loves He Disciplines, and scourges every son He receives." Hebrews 12:6 He is trusting you with the five talents. He is teaching you how to store up blessings where they matter. 














No comments:

Post a Comment