"Never change God's facts in to hopes and prayers but simply accept them as realities, and you will find them to be powerful as you believe them." H.W. Webb Peploe
His grace IS sufficient. He doesn't promise it will be, it just IS. Wow, what a reality to swallow. In our brokenness, loneliness, hard marriages, difficult jobs, financial struggles, health problems and loss of loved ones His grace IS enough. What does that mean? What does enough look like? Job struggled, he complained, and he felt hopeless but yet He was without sin. So how does "sufficient grace" manifest in our lives? What are we called to believe in, or for, and how do we walk that out so that He and others know we believe what He says? I looked up the word "grace" and one of the definitions said, "A state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God." I found it fitting. In our complaining, in our lacking and our sin we are protected by His limitless favor, being sanctified by His grace through our struggles. What an incredible protection He offers His children and if we accept we feel secure and hopeful despite ourselves and our circumstances. One of my favorite musicians, Jason Gray, talks all about this in his song "Remind Me Who I am". Is it not true that when we forget who we are in God's grace that we find ourselves in the greatest pits of despair? I know it has rang true in my life and it is only He who can give hope and freedom and outside of that protection it feels like hell (or what I imagine it to be).
I often pray that God would stamp eternity on my eyes and that my focus would be on forever with Him and less on this world. Are we not just blades of grass, here today and gone tomorrow? Why then do I spend so much time and energy on that which is temporary? I want freedom, and I'm sure that it exist somewhere inside of faith. It is in that faith that we believe what God says and simply accept it regardless of how far fetched and unattainable it feels and seems. I want to believe that I am beautiful, valuable, lovable, worthy and righteous because He says so not because I am skinny, I work hard, I'm accomplished, I behave or because others say so. I want the faith of a mustard seed, that believes that He loves me. If I could just trust in that, knowing His character, then I would already have more than enough. When my brain is tempted to go to 'the grass is greener place' I will focus on all that is noble, pure, right and holy (Philippians 4:8) and remind myself that it is the discipline of faith that brings me to a place of contentment and sufficiency. What a loving and gracious God.
No comments:
Post a Comment