PERSPECTIVE.........
Daily I read the devotional "Streams in The Desert" and I am often amazed at how it can reach in to me every single time as though the Lord had written my life's struggle for each daily encouragement. If I were to speak freely and honestly it's difficult for me to hold on to the truth in Philippians 4:19. I find myself ravenous for MORE; more love, more excitement, more purpose and even more of Him. I feel like He is too far away and He has left me behind only with love letters to remind me of who He is, but they are a poor substitution for the real longing I have to be home with Him. My mind repeats mantra's of His promises in hopes that I will gain perspective and return to the faith that I know is really my only hope. I know better. I know truth and I know Him and yet my heart longs desperately and deeply for more. I want Him to rescue me, again. Emanuel, be with me, be closer than near. I know that it's in the midst of struggle and suffering that we are able to fully appreciate the tenderness and love that Christ alone gives. Today is one of those days.....I'm clinging with fingertips to what I know to be truer than my feelings, His word.
"Therefore humble yourself under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, STEADFAST in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, established, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:6-11.
The lord is establishing and strengthening me. I hope to feel more settled in my mind and heart with the renewed knowledge that He CARES for me. I wish that I could believe once and for all, but instead it's a battle. There is so much to fight against and to remember. Ironically the battle looks much more like a surrender than a war. In my need, in my want I have to reach out and lay it down. I close my eyes to the circumstances that are before me and instead I remember who He is and who He says I am and if I am willing He will provide me with the faith I need for today.
"What a source---"God"! What a supply----"his glorious riches"! What a channel---"Christ Jesus"! It is your heavenly priviledge to trust "all your needs" to "his glorious riches," and to forget "your needs" in the presence of " his....riches." In His great love, He has thrown open to you His exhaustive treasury. Go in and draw upon HIm in simple childlike faith, and you will never again have the need to rely on anything else. C. H. M. -streams in the desert.
No comments:
Post a Comment